iRate Server Going Down For Debian Squeeze Upgrade
Michael Crawford
2011-09-29 14:08:00 UTC
I've been having some trouble with djbdns on both of my nameservers.
I'm hoping that upgrading from Debian Lenny to Squeeze will fix it.
For a couple days now I have not had any nameservice, so I can't get
mail at my dulcineatech.com domain!

I'm going to take down the iRate server for a few hours to do the dist-upgrade.

There is a directory /opt/irate/user.old that has a couple hundred meg
of XML files with the user data in them. There is also
/opt/irate/users ("users" plural) with 300 meg.

I don't have enough disk space to perform the upgrade. Do we really
need the user.old directly? I'll make a .tar.bz2 archive then delete
the directory; if we really need it I can put it back after I've done
the upgrade. If we don't need it online but need the backup then
someone should copy it to their local machine. If we don't need the
directory at all then please say so - our server only has 2 GB of disk
space, so user.old is taking up ten percent of the whole filesystem!

Best,

Mike Crawford
--
Michael David Crawford
mdcrawford at gmail dot com

  Custom Software Development for the iPhone and Mac OS X
  http://www.dulcineatech.com/custom-software-development/